Tuesday 7 January 2014

Day 2....Evening

This evenings commute saw a change to the usual journey home.
Following a day worrying and panicking about the met office warnings of the River Wey in Guildford I decided it was best to collect my car from my partners grandparents house in Effingham, as I also needed to get to Chertsey for a patch test before the evening was snuffed.

After an in-depth discussion with a colleague on the morality and risk assessment of not purchasing an extra ticket (mine states to Guildford via Woking, the Effingham routed train goes to Guildford via Cobham, so South Western, in all their commercial glory, have declared that an unfit route for my particular £4k travel card.) I decided to risk it, mainly because my ticket does in fact cover me until zone six, but there is no opportunity to purchase a ticket from surbiton to Effingham, unless I depart at Surbiton or there's a TI making his or her way down the train.
It should have been £3.60.
I consider myself if impeccable morality and ethics is most certainly one of my key focuses, however I felt absolutely zero empathy for not purchasing the £3.60 ticket. Not only did the opportunity not present itself, but I also feel for £4k a year, I really should have the right to travel anywhere on this train line.

Didnt get caught.

Don't feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment